Aalborg University (AAU) is still the best university in Europe in engineering, according to U.S. News & World Report’s recently published "Best Global Universities 2021."
AAU management is delighted with the impressive ranking.
− This is a great day for AAU and a huge pat on the back for all our talented staff who perform their utmost every day to deliver world-class teaching and research, says Rector Per Michael Johansen.
The "Best Global Universities" rankings are based on 13 indicators that measure universities on research results and their global and regional reputation. For four years in a row, the indicators have placed AAU in the European top.
− The fact that we are still at the very top of Europe's engineering universities speaks to the solid foundation of our research environments in engineering and is a nod to their constantly evolving and helping to set the international agenda in a number of important areas, says Per Michael Johansen.
In addition to the top ranking in Europe, AAU occupies a distinguished position worldwide, with the university ranked sixth in the field. In addition, for the second year in a row, AAU is at the top of the new category "Electrical and Electronic Engineering" where the university is best in Europe and number three in the world.
- Engineering is represented by three of the university's five faculties: the Technical Faculty of IT and Design, the Faculty of Engineering and Science, and the Faculty of Medicine.
- AAU engineering programmes were named the fourth-best in the world in 2018 by 178 experts surveyed by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- For the last four years in a row, AAU has been rated the best engineering university in Europe, according to U.S. News & World Report "Best Global Universities" in "Engineering".
- In an assessment of universities’ contribution to achieving the UN 17 Sustainable Development Goals (Times Higher Education (THE), AAU is
- Overall: No. 1 in Denmark, No. 23 in the world
- SDG #7 Energy: No. 1 in Europe, No. 10 in the world
- SDG #4 Education: No. 1 in the world
Press Contact: Bo Jeppesen, Senior Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org - Tel: +45 6140 4061