Seven researchers from Aalborg University are among the more than 3,300 researchers who are cited most frequently by other researchers. Being highly cited also means being highly respected according to the American company Clarivate Analytics who has compiled the list.
The list includes many American researchers reflecting the connection between the highly ranked institutions and the highly cited researchers. The researchers on the list have produced more than 130,000 scientific articles and represent more than 900 different research institutions.
The seven AAU researchers are included in the list because their peers frequently cite their work. This marks them as experts in their fields and shows that they produce world-class research.
The seven AAU researchers on the 2017 Highly Cited Researchers list:
- Frede Blaabjerg, Department of Energy Technology
- Josep M. Guerrero, Department of Energy Technology
- Henrik Lund, Department of Planning
- Brian Vad Mathiesen, Department of Planning
- Remus Teodorescu, Department of Energy Technology
- Christian Torp-Pedersen, Department of Health Science and Technology
- Juan C. Vasquez, Department of Energy Technology
The list also includes two researchers who have a secondary affiliation to Aalborg University:
- Gregory Lip, Clinical Medicine, University of Birmingham and Aalborg University
- Kim Overvad, Social Sciences, Aarhus University and Aalborg University
Clarivate Analytics has prepared a video presentation on the compilation of the list: